Solar Storm Community Management Planning
- If you live in a small community, a private neighborhood or housing project, you may want to consider taking community action to start a Solar Storm Awareness Program where you live. Setting aside the fact that there is safety in numbers there are other critical reasons to get with your neighbors before they end up on your doorstep in the middle of the night.
- During a time of crises your neighbors might not be well prepared, and before you know it, they will end up on your door step looking for help. But if your neighbors are also well prepared, then all of you can pool your resources together .
- During a time of crises doctors and qualified nurses are more valuable then ever, and by chance one of your neighbors might actually be a doctor or registered nurse. Establising professional medical help right there in your neighborhood might be your best bet when all else fails as hospitals will be over run, and that's even if their the hospital is still in operation after a week or more of power failure. Not to mention it might not only be very difficult to get to a hospital, but equally as dangerous from those who might bring you harm as you try to get to a hospital that is still accepting patients.
- By pooling your resources together as a team helps everyone as a whole. You might have a lot of one thing your neighbor needs badly, while at the same time your neighbor might have an abundance of something you also need that you are short on.
- Should you at some point find yourself having to defend your family from bodily harm from outsiders, this is where safety in numbers comes in handy, especially if some of your neighbors are into guns, let alone hunting with them. Having the neighborhood on your side is a great way of watching each others back, which can come in handy should and when outsiders start trying to come in to your neighborhood looking to take away all of your supplies. Because in times of great desperation people can get extremely hostile in their attempt to survive, thus once again comes safety in numbers should your neighborhood need to defend itself against thieves and gangs. Don't laugh because in some parts of the world this is already an everyday problem.
Once again it goes without saying that were in uncharted waters here. And should your side of the world take a direct hit from a massive solar flare, resulting from a unprecedented CME, (Coronal Mass Ejection) then we can only guess as to how bad things might actually get. But one thing is for cretin... no matter how we look at it, nothing good is going to come from it.
If you have not already done so, this is as good as any time to get to know your neighbors better then you have ever before. Educate them, point them in the right direction about the current solar storm warning that has been issued. Possibly some of your neighbors don't care one way or the other, where as some of your other neighbors might care, and would like to become a part of a local solar storm emergency plan for your neighborhood. Since the sky is not falling, this at first could be a tuff sale. Unlike snow storms and hurricanes we generally can see them coming in advance and everyone suddenly runs to the store for emergency supplies. However solar storms are not as straight forward as weather here on earth, and at any time the sun could suddenly belch out a massive solar flare with little to no warning. On April 19th of 2010 that's exactly what happened! The largest solar flare or CME that has ever been recorded in modern times "missed the earth this time" as NASA puts it.
If NASA continues to be right, there will be many more of these super massive solar flares over the next few years or so, and sooner or later, one of them might very well be aimed directly at the earth. When that happens, all bets are off. If all goes well and you just happen to hear about the pending CME heading towards earth shortly after the warning was sent out, you might have just enough time to drop whatever in the heck you are doing and make it all the way back home before impact, because your car is most likely going to suddenly stop working when it hits, and you will have to walk home the rest of the way. But if you keep a small bike in your car (until the solar storm warning is over) you'll be able to ride your bike home should your car suddenly stop working.
Think Ahead, Don't Become a Victim, Be a Survivor.